Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The trouble with other ailments is...

It's been a long three weeks since I last posted. For once, I haven't been dealing with Fibromyalgia symptoms and have been having to solve other medical mysteries going on inside my body. This is hard for someone who lives in a constant state of low level pain. Many times, a Fibromyalgia sufferer will blow a major medical condition off because they think it is just their Fibro flaring up, when it turns out to be something completely different.

My mystery pain has been a journey in itself. Lower left quadrant pain on the right side has been plaguing me off and on since October of 2013. It started off with an every once in a while a sharp stabbing pain would shoot from my lower right side up into my ribs and then be gone as soon as it came. It would go away for about 3 weeks and then happen again. It's frequency got worse and worse until 3 weeks ago it just seemed to stick around for longer. After ultrasounds and many doctor's appointments, it was determined that the mystery pain was a recurring ovarian cyst. The past three days were excruciating and doc thinks he finally has a pain regimen down that will help. I think so too.

Sometimes it is hard as a Fibro-mite to distinguish Fibro pain from other ailments. Many times I will put off going to the doctor because I don't want to be a burden. I feel like a burden already with my run down body and chronic pain ridden self. I have the mental setback of not wanting to bother another person with another symptom that is probably related to Fibro. However, I have to force myself to move past this mentality because I do know my body and know when something isn't right. I know the difference between my constant low, dull pains and waves of pain that keep me bedridden or curled up in a ball. It feels like a constant battle. I have to remember that I'm worth it though. I'm worth the doctor visits and deserve being spoken up for. I have to remember that even though it might not be Fibromyalgia related that I am worth the cure that I desire.

We are all worth a cure and even with the bumps in our medical journey, we have to keep going no matter how much of a burden we might feel like we are. Sometimes you will fall back a bit and have the sore job of getting back up, but we always have to get back up. Remember, you are worth it! Don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment