I started my new medications yesterday. I'm going to start off by letting you know that I HATE taking medicine. I only take it when it is absolutely necessary. I am highly sensitive to medicine and a little goes an extremely long way with me. On my last post I was so excited about the "hope" that I had been given. Today, my hope is dampened a bit.
In the past I was prescribed Cymbalta and Tramadol for my fibromyalgia symptoms. Both had been highly effective in treating them. So, having a new prescription for each I was estatic that I would be well soon. As soon as I got home with my newly filled scrips I took my doseage and went on with my day. It was a busy one. I met a friend for lunch, then went to my physical therapy consult,and then went to work. While at work, I was kind of foggy, but functional. I was extremely thirsty. I went to the cafeteria and got a salad and came back to eat. I got interrupted to go do an xray in the nursery so I left my food and headed off. I had to wait while a procedure was being done and started to get the feeling you get when your blood sugar is dropping. I just figured that I needed to eat and so I sat down. I finished my exam and headed back to my department and started feeling worse. I finally was finished and headed back to finish my supper. As I tried to eat I started to feel really nauseous and felt that feeling like, this is going to come back up.
You know, nausea is one of the worst feelings in the world. The stomach wrenches and churns and just doesn't get relief. It is like your body is revolting and saying that its ready to fight. My body fought and won. I felt fine as soon as there was no food in my stomach anymore. I was cautious for the rest of the night.
When I got home I got ready for bed, took my dose of muscle relaxer and went off to try to go to sleep. I had high hopes for this med. I thought, "Finally, a great night of sleep is gonna happen." Let's see, I woke up at 3:30 to go to the bathroom. I had tossed and turned quite a bit. I woke up to my alarm and could not get my eyes to open. I was so tired. My awesome husband got our kindergartener up and took him to school. I was able to sleep until 9:30am when my almost 3 year old woke me up. I still felt hungover. I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING. My house is trashed and I just wanted to lie on the couch all day. I did manage to do some things around the house but they quickly left me with little energy and a nap came when my son needed one. I went to pick up my son from kindergarten and while in the car rider line, the nausea returned. I quickly prayed, "Lord, please don't let me throw up in this line." I thankfully made it home and was able to lie down with a cool fan on me and my symptoms subsided. As I write this blog though, I can feel the nausea return and probably should go back to a horizontal position.
I hope this med issue is resolved soon. I don't like feeling this way. Its a hard part of the journey but if it will make me well I am willing to try anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment