I have researched for so many years everything that you would ever want to know about Fibromyalgia. I have tried so many diets and pills and vitamins that when I try something new that I often times will find that I am hearing the same information all over again.Many of the information overlaps. Ya see, the problem that I deal with is that I have "been there, done that" with so many Fibromyalgia fixes that I get discouraged.
I have been very discouraged lately. I went and saw my family physician about 2 months ago for severe Reynaud's symptoms (it is where when you get extremely cold you lose the feeling in your hands and feet because you hyper-sensitive body thinks that you are freezing to death and decides to move all of your body temp to the core to protect your organs and keep you alive) and migraines. I had my follow-up appointment last Friday. I had a ton of lab work drawn to rule out Lupus and H-Pylori (a bacteria that grows in your stomach and causes issues). Guess what!? I'm healthy as can be. So when I finally saw doc I questioned him that if I am healthy as a horse, why do I feel like crap? Doc attributed my depressed attitude to the weather. He said a lot of it comes with it being March and the many months of winter wear on a person, particularly females. He told me to get out in the sun and take some extra vitamin D and see him back in 2 months to see if my symptoms subside.
Another thing that I did today was go to an Intergrative Wellness Center affiliated with the hospital where I work. They treat the entire body, not just the physical. The paper work that I did was the most exhaustive work up that I have ever had the pleasure of doing. It not only asked me about the typical medical issues, it asked me about my stress levels, my enjoyment of life, my spiritual satisfaction, etc. The physician that I spoke with spent an entire hour with me and asked me all sorts of questions and then spent the last 15 minutes or so giving me his recommendations. Ya know what, I have heard it all before. I know what to do to get healthy, however, I have no desire to do it. I need to figure out a way to motivate myself. I'm not saying that the visit was wasted. It was a good visit and I learned quite a bit about the physician's pillars that he referred to. He addressed things concerning my stress level that I hadn't ever thought of. He said that I was doing great as far as exercise and having the desire to learn. He even had a possible reason for my lack of weight loss and extreme fatigue and hormone issues that I have dealt with that weren't even Fibro related. The main area where I was lacking was diet. He said that the body cannot be expected to perform at full capacity in a way that is beneficial if I am not fueling it properly. He also said that my sleep routine needed to change and I needed to start to unplug and give myself down time. Essentially I need to develop some ways to relax of which I have always struggled with.
I have the knowledge. It is just that you have to use it for it to do you any good. I know how to eat correctly to make myself feel good. I know how to exercise in order to make my body stronger. I know that learning actually makes the brain stay stronger long into old age. I KNOW ALL OF THIS. However, I have to put it into practice and that is where I am lacking. Practice makes perfect...right? Well this girl, if she is going to get her Fibromyalgia cure, has got to start doing some practicing. In the words of the physician that I saw today, "The 17-day diet won't fix these issues. I need you to practice the 1700 day diet and maybe we will start to get somewhere." I guess I should get started on day 1 then, right? I have said so many times that I am on a journey to find a cure. I can't stop now when I know that I am so close. I know that I can do this. I just need to focus on some motivation. And when that happens my journey will flourish and be something that I can share with the rest of you. Until then, enjoy your journeys as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment