If Einstein is correct, which he usually was, then I have officially hit the insanity mark in this life.
It never fails. I start to feel better. I then start taking on a ton of stuff to do. Then my flare returns. I then spend a long time trying to recover and get better and then start the cycle over again. I know better. I know the cycle. I know what happens when I take on too much. I begin to flare and I hate it.
My flare hasn't officially hit, but it is coming. The cycle will hit eventually. That is not a "Debbie-downer" approach (and no, Mom, that isn't a reference about you...it's an SNL skit). That is just reality. It is the reality that I have come to accept.
Currently I am taking 15 hours of college courses. I have all A's so that is good. I am working weekends still doing 16 hour shifts. I am directing our Christmas play at church. And if that isn't enough, I still have a husband and kids and a house to take care of. I actually love my schedule specifically because it is just that...a schedule. I have each day planned out.I have times to work out put into that schedule. I have down time. I have work time. It's perfect. I truly believe it might be the reason that I haven't fully gone into a flare.
I don't know about you, but my fibro tends to flare when there is chaos around me. I wouldn't call my life chaos. It might be chaos to some, but it is organized chaos to me and I thrive in organized chaos. It makes me happy. Happiness tends to keep my flares away. The happier I am, the less flares I have.
So my advice for this post is to find what makes you happy. If a busy schedule makes you happy, work on it. If exercise makes you happy, do it. If you enjoy hiking, start striving to make a way to do that. Happiness heals the body. There are cutting edge studies that are showing that happiness of the mind helps to heal the body. Seriously, google it if you don't believe me. BE HAPPY! If you are in a funk, find a way out of it. A happy body is going to heal quicker than a depressed one. Your happiness is important. Make it happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment