Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The trouble with progress is...

I graduated today! Not from high school or college, but from physical therapy. It was kind of a bittersweet moment. Renee (my physical therapist) realized that today was my last scheduled appointment and asked if I thought I could continue my exercises at home. I wanted to say no because I have enjoyed my time doing PT, and like having a scheduled time to go to do my exercises,  but had to say yes, that I could, because I feel that with some discipline that I actually can keep up the routine. So I no longer will be doing physical therapy. It was exciting to see how far I have come as well. Day 1 was just a few months ago. I couldn't hold up my left leg when she would push it down, my grip was 10lbs less in my left hand than in my right hand, and I was in a constant high level of pain. I wasn't sleeping well and wasn't feeling good at all. Today, when Renee reevaluated me, it was so different. I was equally strong in both legs. My grip was about 7lbs better in my left hand than in my right. I went from sleeping 3-4 hours a night to easily 8-10 hours straight. It has been an awesome transformation. I am elated.

I am currently on Day 4 of juicing. I haven't just done only juice. However, I haven't really crashed my diet with crap either, like I did before (well, except once). It is amazing how good I feel. I plan to continue to keep doing what I am doing. Right now, I juice breakfast and lunch and then eat a pretty healthy dinner. Healthy dinner is usually a salad, or like last night we had lean steaks, potatoes, and some asparagus. I will admit that I broke down and bought some pizza on Sunday night while at work and I regret that decision. It made me feel so bad that it truly made me wonder about having a gluten sensitivity. I haven't really checked inches and haven't checked my weight much either. All I know is that I do feel better. So juicing continues tomorrow. I look forward to the continuation of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment