Thursday, May 30, 2013

The trouble with juicing is...

Ya know, its hard to juice when you don't have a juicer. If you haven't read the last blog entry, it was all about the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and how I have watched my realtor, Wade, shrink from a size 40 to a size 32 in the past few weeks. It got me intrigued with the juicing diet so I started the smoothie aspect of the juicing diet.

Fibromyalgia is no fun because you never know what shock is going to send you back into a flare. Shockingly, suddenly becoming healthy has sent me over the edge and my body will fight back...hard. Since I was just starting to heal from my last flare that took out the left side of my body, I didn't want to go too extreme and just jump on the juicing thing. So I kind of did a slim fast type approach. Do you remember that commercial? "Just replace 2 meals with our delicious shakes and then have a sensible healthy dinner for weight loss." Yeah, so basically I have gaved 3lbs back since my sensible meals consisted of eating out or having Little Ceasars for dinner. This is unacceptable.

So Monday evening, I bought a juicer. My sister-in-law advised me not to get a juicer until I was ready to take things serious and not buy the cheapest one out there. So I did some research and found a fairly inexpensive one for $60 that was rated #2 by Consumer Reports. With free 2 day shipping from Amazon, I am now the proud owner of a Hamilton Beach, Big Mouth 800 Watt Juicer. I just pulled it out of the box and set it up. Tomorrow I start my journey. Fruits and Veggies have been purchased. Recipes for various juices have been selected for tomorrows diet. My goal is to blog my entire journey so that I can see what works and what doesn't. Just like it is with Fibromyalgia, since nobody knows what causes it, you gotta try something out, test it out on you, and see what works for YOU!

Better get to bed so I can start this thing! Us fibromyalgia people need our beauty rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment